- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 small shallots, peeled and minced (1 tablespoon)
- 3/8 pound fresh chanterelles, cleaned and halved lengthwise
- 3/8 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon chopped thyme
- 1 teaspoon chopped tarragon
- 2 teaspoons chopped chives
- 1 large bunch arugula greens, washed and dried.
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat until foamy. Add shallots, and sautÈ until fragrant and translucent, 1 minute. Add chanterelles, and sautÈ until softened, about 3 minutes. Add stock and herbs, season to taste with salt and pepper, and simmer until reduced by half, about 3 minutes. Add arugula, and heat until just wilted.
Serve with CornPudding.